September 7, 2013

Never Say Never...

When asked if I was going to start my own blog showing my nail polish adventures, I said, "Nah, I don't want to do that." 

---


It's been about a year since I answered that question and now have changed my mind ... why not? I'm having fun and it's been very therapeutic for me. And, it turns out, I would like to have a record of them and share with those who are interested. I have found from blog-stalking many talented nail-artists/bloggers that it is a fun and welcoming group of people and their enthusiasm is very catching. So here goes nothing.



---

To kick this off (and practice uploading posts), my first entry shows some nails from earlier this year, specifically before I thought I'd be sharing, so please be gentle with me. (Photos are click-able if you dare see them larger.)


One thing I hope to document in this journal is producing photos that are more representative of the fun nails as I experienced them in real life. This seems to be a good photo to use as a starting point, shiny fingers & all, since it doesn't do the nails justice at all. But on to the nails, paisley designs intrigue me and I thought I was clever using a polish with fiery shimmer to poke through behind the stamped design.

Materials Used
Confetti: Masquerade Ball
 China Glaze: Poetic
Bundle Monster: plate BM-315

Inspiration Sources
Stamping GURU: Bregje at Oooh, Shinies!
 ---


Yes, this was for Valentine's Day and it was my first time trying multi-colored stamping (index & middle) as well as mixing base colors in a skittlette fashion. I also remember being proud of using a detail brush with the designs as well.


Materials Used
Confetti: Purple Reigns (thumb & ring)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: White Out (index & middle)
Nicole by OPI: OMB! (pinky)
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Pronto Purple & Rapid Red (stamping, index & middle)
Konad: White (stamping & detail)
Mash: plates 28, 38 & 48



Inspiration Sources
 Skittlette creator: Marta of Chit Chat Nails, more info here

---



These were done in honor of my Mom's 25th wedding anniversary with my stepDad. It was fun having a theme - and "giving" with a design. The theme called for a more formal style and I learned a lot of things from trying this out; such as next time to use a detail brush for tips rather than polish brush and to practice with striper brushes before painting on nail.


Materials Used
OPI: Don't Touch My Tutu
Essie: no place like chrome (stamping)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: White Out (tips)
Borghese: Chroma (line)
Pueen: plate 22



Inspiration Sources
 I know there was such an inspiration, I hope to come back and edit the entry.

---



More nails done in honor of someone else - my incredibly talented stepsister, Sarah. She worked really hard for several weeks as a conductor of an orchestra and it was on the concert day that I did these. The idea was to mimic synesthesia (seeing music as color) and the swirling motion of her hands bringing all of the sounds/colors together. While actually going to her critically acclaimed concert would have been a true highlight, I did have fun with these nails - and they had interesting looks depending on lighting and angles.

 Materials Used
Zoya: Zuza, Kimber & Elise
Sinful Colors: Courtney Orange*
Konad: White
Pueen: plate 13



Inspiration Sources
Debbie at The Crumpet: splodging extraordinare, example here

 *Courtney Orange was "the polish that started it all" a couple years ago, explanation worthy of it's own entry. Stay tuned.
---

Till next time, 

Kimett

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig