December 23, 2016

Christmas Flowers with Spiced Eggnog


Well, whether we're ready or not, Christmas is just about here! I'm happy to have one more holiday themed design to share with you before the big day.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

As you'll read below, I made this nail art design in dedication to one particular person. Yet, I'd like to extend the same warmth and kindness to everyone this holiday season.


KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

I've mentioned it before; but since I never want to take it for granted, I'm going to say it again. The nail art community has been a wonderful place for me these last few years. I've been very lucky to enjoy the connection to many sweet and talented people who have been sharing and supportive with me. I hope it continues indefinitely.

And, specific to this post is a caring group of gals who came together to show their love and support for someone among us who is facing an inevitable and terrible loss. You may remember I did these Heart nails for Anja's birthday recently...well, suffice it to say she's going through a tough time this Christmas.

Here we are in this little surprise Instagram "nail hug-a-thon" to let Anja know we're thinking of her and doing what we can from around the globe, even if it is just the little things like doing our nails. (Thank you to Leonie @leonies_nailart for putting this together.)




Design Details


In support of this, I gladly put aside the plans I had for a more traditional Christmas nail design. Instead, I picked this floral pattern because it closely resembles a tattoo that Anja has around her wrist. Isn't she a very hip Grandma!! (You'll have to take my word on this...it doesn't seem my place to show a picture of her tattoo on my blog...)

While I don't have any tattoo's myself, I can imagine that the image is similar to having nail art in that you can enjoy the design while doing even the most mundane day-to-day things. So, my hope is that this nail art design can bring her the comfort of the familiar and a positive moment.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

Underneath the stamped pattern, I used a magical polish concoction by ILNP called Spiced Eggnog. I thought it would go well with the theme of friendship and a warm toast for Christmas. It's beautiful color and magical flakes are mesmerizing. For what seems to be a simple light yellow toned beige polish from a distance, it really has a lot of depth when seen up close.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

The bold red stamping needed a balance and I chose this beautiful evergreen jelly polish with scattered holographic glitters. And for a little bit of interest, I added some caviar beads in a strip between the two base colors on my index nail. I intentionally left them grouped, but not positioned perfectly...I liked their little chaotic formation. After all, life is messy.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

Using these tiny (very tiny!!) little beads is a lot like managing tinsel when decorating a tree -- they got everywhere! And, not just on my work surface either. Because I didn't want to cover up their dimension, I only used a bit of nail glue underneath them and did not cover them with top coat. (I did apply a final coat of topcoat on either side of them.) This meant that immediately after taking the pictures (i.e., as soon as I started using my left hand for anything) they started to come off. I'm still finding them throughout the house a few days later. Just like tinsel.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

They did hold on long enough for both indoor and outdoor photos - this post has a mix of both in an effort to show off the polishes' characteristics. And, of course, I had fun choosing different props too. Above is small stocking belonging to a beloved cat of mine years ago. Below, I'm holding an ornament I was given for my 11th Christmas.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

Doesn't the flower design and colors on the ornament match so nicely with my nails? Of course I intentionally did that. Pffft. Not! It is after I finish my nails that I go rummaging around the house for props. Maybe some day I'll be one of those organized people who do things intentionally. Or not.

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog


Polish Palette

Here's the list:
  • Spiced EggnogILNP
    Description from polish maker:
    "Spiced Eggnog is one of many ventures into something new that actually worked! The more I looked at this polish and finish, the more it grew on me until it totally won me over! This unique eggnog colored holographic creme has a touch of both gold and burnt orange flakes for a truly distinct speckled finish. Yum!"
  • Evergreen polish: Malachite ~ Colores de Carol
  • Christmas Tree Caviar ~ Ciaté
  • Red stamping polish: CJS 009 ~ Clear Jelly Stamper
  • Magic Garden stamp plate ~ DRK Nails

Also used were: Cuticle PROtect and The Big Bling clear stamper both by Clear Jelly Stamper, the angular Kolinsky clean-up brush from Fab Ur Nails, straight line vinyls, and foil glue.


KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

Above is a flash picture, not usually good for nail art photos - but I was taking a chance. Besides my very pale, washed-out skin tone, can you see that amazing sparkle on my pinky nail?

KimettKolor Christmas Flowers on ILNP Spiced Eggnog

Even though I didn't keep the beads on long, I did wear these for a few days and I enjoyed them very much. What do you think of them? Maybe I've inspired a holiday manicure design for you?

---

I couldn't end this post without a very heartfelt wish to all of you for a very happy holiday season!!




Till Next Time,
Kimett

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig