March 26, 2015

#WearYellowForSeth on Friday March 27

This is a short and time-sensitive post supporting the campaign to Wear Yellow for Seth. The short version is to get as many people to wear something yellow on Friday (tomorrow) and then post pictures with the hashtag #wearyellowforseth on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Who is Seth and why the photos?...read on!

 
[Warning: this post contains sappy sentiment. Kleenex not included.]



 First, some thoughts running around inside my head:
The nail polish/nail art community is an incredibly supportive, encouraging and kind group of people. Of course, what's not to be happy about - right? Colors, pretty nails, amazing magic made by polish makers, and so forth. But, it goes deeper than just happy. Many times folks will reach out for support for serious issues humans face, such as weather catastrophes, political divides, and medical conditions - all needing awareness and/or action. I haven't been able to participate in many of these, until now; and I hope to be able to do more of them in the future.
Now on to the heart of the matter...here are a couple of image/posters to give you more information regarding Seth and the campaign:

Images from Leesha's Facebook page found here
 

As many of you know (evident in my sparse posting), I've had a cruddy time physically of late. But on Monday, a very nice and sweet lady that I follow on Instagram (@dreamymm) invited me to participate. Mary is going to create a collage and slide-show of nail art for Seth. When I got her invite, I had just started to feel up to painting again and it was a great motivation to just sit down and have fun. Often times nail bloggers feel a lot of self-pressure to make great and perfect art. This leads to self-doubt, procrastination, and blocks creativity. I am often guilty of this - usually more so when it's been a while since I last posted.

Earlier this month, one of my body's meaner tricks led to a swell visit to the Emergency Room. During one of the many tests and after answering many questions, one of the technicians asked, "How do you deal with all of that? Stay positive, I mean..." My answer was, "I guess one of the things that keeps me going is remembering as bad as I might have it, there are many others whose situations are far worse."

So, you see - I am both in awe and thankful of little Seth's strength - and by many others (even in my own family). And, his campaign was just the right thing to get me over my perfection issues. I hope my little photo of yellow nails expresses the well wishes I'm sending overseas!

Onto talk nail art...


Not only was I very rusty at painting, but also at photographing my nails - please ignore the weird looking fingers - bad shot with wide angle lens....but I liked the yellow background and there wasn't glare over the design. :)

Design Details:

  • Nail Polish: yellow creme is OPI ~ I Just Can't Cope-acabana, white creme on pinky is Rica ~ Whiteout, stamping polish is KONAD Black.
  • Stamp plates: ring finger Bundle Monster ~ BM-306 made into a decal and painted with acrylic paints (bones and fire hydrant), pinky Pueen ~ PUEEN40 (colored in open spots with black stamping polish)
As you probably guessed, my inspiration was Seth's favorite cartoon PAW PATROL (about firefighting pups - one is a Dalmatian named Marshall).

While I see tons of flaws in these large close-up photos; I still am glad to have participated and show them to you today.

Maybe some of you will wear yellow tomorrow and join in!!
If you do, I'd love to see a picture - you can include it in the comments if you want.

Till Next Time,
Kimett


EDIT 3/30/15:
Seth isn't out of the woods just yet; but he did very much love "Yellow Friday"!!! If you would like more information - here is a link to his Mom's blog:

https://ourlittlehero.wordpress.com/


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig