February 29, 2016

Yellow and Gray, Smoosh and Glitter

Hi there!! And, Happy Leap Year!

How is it that with an extra day the month still wooshes by...? Do you know? Nope. Me Neither. Anyway....here's my nail art for the day:

 

Even though I'm fighting a crappy cold/sinus beast...I had to join #WhenColoursCollide's Yellow and Grey challenge. As you may know, yellow is my favorite color after all. And...this is going to be a shorter post, as my head needs a lie-down, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.



The group did it again! Smashing and sponging and stamping and swirling, they tackled the colors yellow and grey fabulously. It's so much fun to see all of the different interpretations/visions using the same colors.

When Colours Collide Yellow and Grey Collage



In Nail-Art-Land it seems everybody's doing the smoosh thing lately. So, I joined in. I did the variation where you place drops of polish on a flat surface, "smoosh" the colors together as you pick them up on the stamper, and then apply them to the nail.


Smoosh Attack!


Although this was not the first, second, or even, the third design idea I had; this was fun to whip up at the very last minute. In fact, I had 7 minutes before the deadline when I submitted my photo to the group. So...apologies for the not-so-good clean-up on these - just look at the nails, ok? Thanks much.

I used a white undie base under these and learned that I should put a topcoat down before adding the smoosh pattern because it picks up the polish underneath a bit...so my smoosh colors are consequently muted. To hide this fact, I added some pretty light grey glitter.

My solo picture from the group's collage

I am looking forward to having lots and lots more smoosh fests in my Kolor Korner. What do you think? These weren't the best for my skin tone...but they did look better in real life. I must get my photo studio up to snuff soon...as you're probably tired of me saying that...sorry.

Design Details:

  • Yellow creme: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Ferga-colada
  • Grey creme: Orly Decoded
  • Yellow jelly: L'Oreal Bananarama Love
  • Grey metallic: Finger Paints Meet Me At The Met
  • Glitter topper: OPI Pirouette My Whistle
  • Stamper: Pueen Squishy Stamper
  • Smooshing Surface: Bundle Monster Lotus Mat

I've written a couple times about this fabulous collaboration group. So I won't repeat myself today. In case you missed it, you can find more information about the group When Colours Collide in these posts: here and here.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Till Next Time,
Kimett
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig