October 1, 2013

Into the Blue

Design 5 of 31DC2013: Blue Nails

Ocean waters are intriguing to me. Maybe it's because I am a big fan of blue hues, or perhaps it is a result of living and vacationing near the coastlines. No matter why, I love pictures of blue water - seas, oceans, etc. You'll see down below a picture I took in Washington that represents the blue-water-vision I was trying to evoke with these nails.




Like my earlier orange nails, the blue polish I chose is sheer on its own, so I paired it with black undies. While any black (or dark blue) would do the trick, the fast drying black I chose sped up the process nicely. This made the blue really pop (see the difference between the nails and the swatch pictures of it on its own below), and I thought helped to capture the oceanic quality. The aqua glass flecks in the polish are more visible and give it added depth.




a-England is one the BEST indie polish brands available (independent polish maker as opposed to large commercially available brands). While I don't own all a-Englands (yet, hah!), none have disappointed me. This polish was right at home early on and I've loved it every time I've worn it. It is truly worthy of its namesake: The Order of the Garter is the oldest and most prestigious order of chivalry in the United Kingdom.




The pictures above and below were taken a day later (outdoors, indirect sun); the light blue shimmer is glowing on top of the vibrant blue. So pretty! And yes, I couldn't resist more of the fall flowers, gotta make the season last.



Swatches below




Materials Used:
Wet n Wild fastdry: Ebony Hates Chris (undies)
a-England: Order of the Garter

Inspirations:
the blue water of the Puget Sound


"31 Design Challenge" (see my intro post here)

courtesy of Chalkboard Nails

Till next time,
Kimett
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig