January 30, 2014

Love is...Green!?

Oh, hee-hee, this is a FUN one!!!

With Valentine's Day coming soon, love extra thick in the air and all, it makes sense to incorporate a romantic theme into the #31DC2013 challenge prompts. Right? Of course, right. So, naturally, you'll see loads of pink and hearts and....
Ogres?


"Darling, I do...see you"
Today's post is my entry for "Inspired by a Song". And, this love song written for the final chapter of the Shrek adventures makes me all gooey. It is a lovey-dovey poetic duet about how much better life is with "you" in my life and that "I do see you" for who "you" are even if others don't. Now, I'm not flat-out admiting that Mr. Kimett & I are ogres....even if there might be some similarities. Well, we do like to keep our muddy swamp to ourselves...LOL.

So, before we get to see more of Shrek & Fiona on my nails; I've included the music video with some clips from the movie sprinkled occasionally in the background.






In case you're wondering, in the movie, Shrek Forever After, this song is partially introduced in the middle. Shrek is trying desperately to get Fiona to re-fall in love with him using "True Love's Kiss" which is the exit-clause out of the dirty deal he signed with Rumplestiltskin. And, then with just under 4 minutes left in the movie, you hear the whole song toward the end of the credits. Yes, I watch every second of movies (preview & credits alike). I don't want to miss anything. :)



My design is centered around the eyes of the ogres "seeing". So, I tried to depict the ogres with just the tops of their heads coming up out of the mud bath/hole. They are seeing each other as the objects of their affection as only ogres can while being submersed in brown mud. Besides, this is only my second attempt at painting something to look like the something - so just the tops of the heads was daunting enough for me. Here's a picture of the polish part of the design (before clean-up and any top-coat):



To start off, I painted two coats of a lime-green cream on my thumb, index & pinky and of a light tan cream on my middle & index. I added a coat of glitter to the green nails. Then, I used a small nail-art brush to paint the heads of my two ogres on the accent nails. Everything else added was with acrylic paints (3-greens, 1-yellow, 1-white, 2-browns, 1-blue and 2-oranges - mixing various colors as needed).



After finishing the ogres, I painted the mud to continue on and end with the nails on either sides. Finally, added a shiny topcoat to all nails sealing in the designs. Oh - were these nails fun to wear!! The little ogres made for fun french-tips. I kept waiting for them to sing to me!



Mmmm...mmmm...mmmm...mm - Oops, I was humming the song...it's been in my head for weeks waiting to be played out in this nail design. Anyway...could you tell it's Shrek & Fiona? Hopefully you didn't think they were muppet aliens or something. While the fourth Shrek movie was not my favorite; I don't really care for the common I-take-my-life-for-granted-and-didn't-know-I-liked-what-I-had plot, but the song speaks to me. Before finishing up the details of this nail art post, I give you the full lyrics below:
Golden leaves looked brown to me
The world had less color without you
Shapes in the sky looked plain to my eyes
The world had less color without you

I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like I do
Darling I do

Notes on the keys meant nothing to me
The world didn't sing without you
Birds in the trees fell silent for me
The world didn't sing without you
Without you

I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like I do
Darling I do
Darling I do see you

I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like
I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like
I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like I do
Darling I do
Darling I do
Darling I do
I do
Darling I do
Darling I do see you


Here's our knight in shining green armor, saving the princess once again.
Awe!



Polish Palette:


L to R: KB Shimmer - Toucan Touch This, Finger Paints - Leonardo's Lime, Butter London - Cuppa

Inspiration Source(s):
"Darling, I Do" - song by Landon Pigg and Lucy Schwartz
Shrek Forever After DVD image:

And, the "31 Design Challenge" (more info in my previous post here)


courtesy of Chalkboard Nails

Thanks for visiting!


Till next time,
Kimett

P.S. - this post is dedicated to Mr. Kimett: 
Darling, I do see you, and, fall in love with you everyday. <3
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig