November 12, 2013

Flower Lattice Over Raspberry Parfait

The 15th design for the challenge was "Delicate Print". And, a simple and subtle design is just what the doctor ordered. (Keep reading to find out why.)




I had been itching to wear one of my brighter pink colors and settled on this one called, Raspberry Parfait. Then I had that annoying Prince song in my head for two whole days (she wore a raspberry beret...). But, it didn't stop me from enjoying these nails.



After applying the pink and then Cult Nails' Wicked Fast topcoat, I picked out a stamp that would work for this Delicate Print challenge.



Using a white stamping cream, I applied the same image to all my nails. The tiny flowers in this lattice print reminded me of a scrapbook page layout with ribbon and flower-shaped grommets at the intersections.



The result was girly, but not over the top girly. A perfectly bright and cheery look worn in rebellion of the cold and grey weather November has brought us.



My nails and my DROID cover matched very nicely. And the best part was, while out for an appointment, I got an unsolicited compliment on my nails! So cool.

Materials Used:


Polishes Used: CND - Raspberry Parfait and Konad - Stamping White
Stamping done with Bundle Monster plate BM-310


Inspiration Source(s):
Pretty simple really - I wanted pink and liked this delicate stamp design.

"31 Design Challenge" (more info in previous post here)
courtesy of Chalkboard Nails
Up next: Tribal Print! Yikes!

Till next time,
Kimett
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig